This website is a personal blog written, edited, and operated by Barbara Hooks.
For questions about this blog, please contact Barb via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective as of May 25, 2018 and is subject to change without notice.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless I obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- I will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- I will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
This site may collect demographics and interest reports using age, gender, and interest data via Google Analytics solely so I can better understand who my users are. You can choose to opt out or learn more about the Google Analytics Privacy Policies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. Please consult your specific browser’s website for the most current information.
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
I may collect your email address, but only if you voluntarily provide it to me. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter, or enter a promotion.
I will use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it to me, and also from time to time to send you emails regarding the blog or other products or services that I believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the email.
I will not share your email address with any third parties.
I publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, Amazon and Share-a-Sale and my other advertising partners will track your behavior on the website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
By using this Site, you consent to the use of such cookies and the sharing of data captured by such cookies with Amazon, and my other third-party partners.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have me erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by myself or related to advertising on the Site, please contact me at email@example.com or by using the contact form.